Service Desk Officer
Based in Malta and reporting to the Head of Customer Success, the Service Desk Officer will join the service desk team which serves as a Single Point of Contact for support related requests for both internal and external customers.
The Service Desk Officer is required to professionally interact with the customer by following Incident Management protocols in line with the ITIL framework. The Service Desk Officer is also expected to provide effective remote support through various technologies such as instant messaging, remote connection, email and telephone to assist the customer in resolving the issue expediently at Level 1.
Candidates are expected to have experience in IT customer support (ideally Business to Business). The chosen candidate will possess a relevant qualification or certification, have a background of customer service experience, preferably be ITIL Certified or have experience working with the ITIL framework.
The chosen applicant shall have:
- a high level of interpersonal and communication skills and be able to discuss technical matters with clients in non-technical language;
- a good command of both spoken and written English (Preferably also in Maltese);
- a polite and professional manner on the phone;
- the aptitude to learn and support new and rapidly-changing technologies;
- the ability to work under pressure, and
- familiarity with a wide range of standard office automation products (especially Microsoft Office).